Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
(2014/06/13 2:57), Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:

> (2014/06/12 17:28), Craig Ringer wrote:
>> On 06/12/2014 02:02 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
>>>

>>> Because msdtc process seems a 64bit application, 64bit pgxalib.dll
>>> should be registered even when 32bit applications use MSDTC support.
>>> The current way of registration isn't appropriate and 64bit installer
>>> would have to register the entry beforehand.
>>
>> OK, so if I understand this right, it might be helpful to have
>> pgenlist.dll expose a function that's callable with rundll32 to create
>> the registry entries. Call it, say, registerxa().
>
> It should be done for pgxalib.dll not pgenlist(a).dll if we do
> such kind of registration.
>
>> Then the registry entry creation code currently in
>> EnlistInDtc_1pipe(...) could be factored out so it's callable as part of
>> EnlistInDtc_1pipe(...) or via the new entry point.
>>
>> The installer can then invoke
>>
>>      rundll32 pgenlist.dll,registerxa
>>
>> to create the appropriate entries.
>>
>> Reasonable?
>>
>> Or is it better to just create/update the registry entries directly
>> using the MSI?
>
> Yes it seems better.

OK I pushd the change together with your patch [ODBC] PATCH: WiX
has moved.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests for deprecated functions
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: NPE in psqlodbc30a.dll!PgDtc_set_property caused by pgendlista.dll!IAsyncPG::RequestExec