Re: Re: Inconsistency between JDBC and ODBC drivers when dealing with TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Re: Inconsistency between JDBC and ODBC drivers when dealing with TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Walter and all,

While reading the old and disabled code, I remembered the circumstances
back then a little.
Psqlodbc had followed the formatting rule e.g. described at the last
line in
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712387%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
.
Also look at
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712360%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
.
There's no time zone in ODBC world and I'm afraid the possibility
that some applications are broken by adding time zone expression.

So please vote which way to choose?

1. Keep the current behavior, i.e. simply drop the time zone part
    from server's output if exists.
2. Use local time zone instead of server time zone but omit the time
    zone expression.
3. Use local time zone with the time zone expression when the data
    type is TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE.
4. The others.

Anyway I attached a patch which implements the above 3.
It's easy to change to 2.

regarts,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: FW: Request to install psqlODBC Driver
От: Walter Couto
Сообщение: Re: Re: Inconsistency between JDBC and ODBC drivers when dealing with TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE