Re: INSERT to partitioned table doesn't return row count

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: INSERT to partitioned table doesn't return row count
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/03/2014 11:19 AM, Kris Deugau wrote:
> Is it possible to return the number of rows inserted to a partitioned
> table set up as per the examples on
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/ddl-partitioning.html, in
> the same way as if you inserted directly into a target table?
>
> I can sort of see why it returns 0, because 0 rows are actually inserted
> in the parent table, but I'd prefer not to have to make all the code
> around this use case partition-aware;  most of it isn't mine.

I have not used partitioned tables enough, but it would seem this is
covered here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-select.html

table_name

     The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing table or
view. If ONLY is specified before the table name, only that table is
scanned. If ONLY is not specified, the table and all its descendant
tables (if any) are scanned. < ***>Optionally, * can be specified after
the table name to explicitly indicate that descendant tables are
included.<***>

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Michael Nolan
Сообщение: Re: Merge rows based on Levenshtein distance
От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: INSERT to partitioned table doesn't return row count