Cleaning up the books page

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Cleaning up the books page
Дата
Re: Cleaning up the books page
Список pgsql-www
While adding the latest books to the books page I (re-)realized how much cruft
that page has accumulated.  A lot of books have links which are dead, some are
listed multiple times in different editions, and many of them cover long since
EOL version of postgres.  On top of that, the indentation is quite creative.

The attached set cleans up that page to make the content IMO more relevant and
helpful to our users.  As we've never claimed to have a complete list of all
books ever published, keeping the old stuff on-line has no historical interest
since Google, Amazon and others do a much better job at keeping such things
available.

The patches are:

  0001: Removes all additional editions of the same book leaving the current
  0002: Remove all books which 404, and update a few links to work
  0003: Remove all books published before 2017
  0004: Fix indentation

I assume 0003 is the controversial one. Thoughts?

--
Daniel Gustafsson
Daniel Gustafsson

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: Two new books to add to the books page
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Two new books to add to the books page