Re: invalid memory alloc request size

От Gabriel Sánchez Martínez
Тема Re: invalid memory alloc request size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/10/2014 02:34 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 12/10/2014 10:08 AM, Gabriel Sánchez Martínez wrote:

>>> The database was
>>>
>>> So what was the version before?
>>
>> 9.1.  It has always been whatever was on the Ubuntu repos.
>>

>>> Where I am going with this, is trying to determine whether you have a
>>> 'contaminated' data directory.
>>
>> I appreciate it!  Perhaps it is worth mentioning that the server had
>> some issues with the linux md raid a while back.  Two disks failed in
>> quick succession and some data was corrupted.  Those disks have been
>> replaced and the RAID has been fine ever since.  The database cluster
>> was recreated from scratch after that, from backups of a few months
>> before the disks started misbehaving.  This is when that table was
>> created with pg_restore.  There were no issues with the restore, and the
>> backup was from a few months before the disk issue, so I don't suspect
>> corruption in the backup.
>
> I would investigate the possibility that the raid is having problems
> again.

Everything looks good right now.  I ran SMART checks on all drives and
there were no errors.  I will restore the table from an earlier backup
and let you know if that takes care of the issue.  Thanks for your help,
and please let me know if there is anything else I could do.  I'll reply
to the list if there are any developments.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: new index type with clustering in mind.
От: "Jack Douglas"
Сообщение: Re: new index type with clustering in mind.