Re: Stored procedure workflow question

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Stored procedure workflow question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/10/2014 04:53 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:
> Currently, when I need to create/edit a stored procedure in Postgresql,
> my workflow goes like the following:
>
> - Create/edit the desired function in my "DB Commands" text file
> - Copy and paste function into my development database
> - Test
> - repeat above until it works as desired
> - Copy and paste function into my production DB.
>
> To edit an existing function, the workflow is basically the same as
> above, but I first have to find the function in my file.

For above use \ef in psql. See here for more details:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/app-psql.html

You can save the file outside the database if needed.

> This whole workflow just feels kludgy to me. Is there a better way? Or
> is that essentially the recommended procedure? Thanks.

Keep the functions in separate files. Do either:

psql -d some_database -U some_user -f function_file.sql

or from within psql

\i some/path/to_file/function_file.sql

> Israel Brewster
> Systems Analyst II
> Ravn Alaska
> 5245 Airport Industrial Rd
> Fairbanks, AK 99709
> (907) 450-7293

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Gavin Flower
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure workflow question
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure workflow question