Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/15/2014 03:49 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>> On 12/15/2014 02:36 PM, harpagornis wrote:
>>> 2014-12-15 22:28:06 GMT FATAL:  connection requires a valid client
>>> certificate
>>> 2014-12-15 22:28:06 GMT FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1",
>>> user "SYSTEM", database "postgres", SSL off
>
>> Well something is trying to connect not using SSL.
>
> It might be that libpq is trying an SSL connection, it's not working,
> and it immediately tries a non-SSL connection.  It'd likely be worth
> turning on log_connections to help debug this --- I think, but not
> totally sure, that would record any such extra connection attempt.
>
>> The question then is who is "SYSTEM" user?
>
> Yeah, that looks pretty fishy.

The OP said they are running the code in a Visual Studio project.

If I where to hazard a guess, what is happening is:

The project is opening a connection as 'SYSTEM', outside the OPs code,
to fetch system information from Postgres using the postgres database as
the connection point. This connection is not SSL and as you say is
failing over to non-SSL, except there is no non-SSL line in pg_hba.conf.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3
От: Sameer Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Pausing log shipping for streaming replication