Re: pgdump

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: pgdump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 30/01/2015 14:46, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 01/30/2015 01:16 AM, Ramesh T wrote:
>> when i try to dump the database windows based pgadmin 3 it returns
>> message like
>>
>> pg_dump: server version: 9.3.4; pg_dump version: 9.1.3
>> pg_dump: aborting because of server version mismatch
>>
>> any help..?
>
> Use a 9.3+ version of pg_dump. A version of pg_dump is backwards
> compatible so it can work on its version to Postgres versions going back
> to 7.2, I believe. That does not work the other way around as you found
> above. pgAdmin3 is picking up a 9.1.3 version of pg_dump and trying to
> use it to dump a 9.3 version of Postgres.  So you will need to find the
> 9.3 version of pg_dump and use that.

To add to what Adrian says, you tell pgAdmin which pg_dump (and other
Postgres client programs) to use under File -> Options -> Browser ->
Binary paths, in the "PG bin path" field (this is on PgAdmin III 1.20).

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

От: Jeff Amiel
Сообщение: Catalog Bloat
От: John McKown
Сообщение: Nice article on PostgreSQL HSTORE and JSONB