Re: Configuration tips for very large database

От Nico Sabbi
Тема Re: Configuration tips for very large database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 02/13/2015 12:19 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
> I have a table with ~800M rows, wide ones, that runs reporting queries
> quite efficiently (usually seconds).
>
> Of course, the queries don't traverse the whole table. That wouldn't
> be efficient. That's probably the key there, don't make you database
> process the whole thing every time if you expect it to be scalable.
>
> What kind of queries are you running that have slowed down?
>
> Post an explain analyze so people can diagnose. Possibly it's a
> query/indexing issue rather than a hardware one.

Thanks everybody for the answers. At the moment I don't have the queries
at hand (saturday:-) ).
I'll post them next week.

I'd really like to avoid data partitioning if possible. It's a thing
that gives me a strong stomach ache.

От: "Sven R. Kunze"
Сообщение: Re: Reverse Key Index
От: Nicolas Paris
Сообщение: PG 9.3 materialized view VS Views, indexes, shared memory