Re: Proposal: knowing detail of config files via SQL

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Proposal: knowing detail of config files via SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/3/15 5:22 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> The
> problem with the role attribute approach is that they aren't inheirted
> the way GRANTs are, which means you can't have a "backup" role that is
> then granted out to users, you'd have to set a "BACKUP" role attribute
> for every role added.

Yeah, but you'd still have to grant "backup" to every role created
anyway, right?

Or you could create a role that has the backup attribute and then grant
that to users. Then they'd have to intentionally SET ROLE my_backup_role
to elevate their privilege. That seems like a safer way to do things...

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
От: Haribabu Kommi
Сообщение: Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission