Re: Join push-down support for foreign tables

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Join push-down support for foreign tables
Дата
Re: Join push-down support for foreign tables  (Shigeru Hanada <shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015/03/03 21:34, Shigeru Hanada wrote:
> I rebased "join push-down" patch onto Kaigai-san's Custom/Foreign Join
> v6 patch.

Thanks for the work, Hanada-san and KaiGai-san!

Maybe I'm missing something, but did we agree to take this approach, ie,
"join push-down" on top of custom join?  There is a comment ahout that
[1].  I just thought it'd be better to achieve a consensus before
implementing the feature further.

> but still the patch
> has an issue about joins underlying UPDATE or DELETE.  Now I'm working
> on fixing this issue.

Is that something like "UPDATE foo ... FROM bar ..." where both foo and
bar are remote?  If so, I think it'd be better to push such an update
down to the remote, as discussed in [2], and I'd like to work on that
together!

Sorry for having been late for the party.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/23343.1418658355@sss.pgh.pa.us
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/31942.1410534785@sss.pgh.pa.us

От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: Optimization for updating foreign tables in Postgres FDW
От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: Reduce pinning in btree indexes