Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks
Дата
Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... and, since we can't readily enforce that the client only sends
> those cleartext passwords over suitably-encrypted connections, this
> could easily be a net negative for security.  Not sure that I think
> it's a good idea.

I don't understand your point. Can't you just use "hostssl" rather than
"host"?

Also there are some useful cases that don't really require SSL, like
when the client and host are on the same machine, or if you have a
network secured some other way.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks