Re: What exactly is our CRC algorithm?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: What exactly is our CRC algorithm?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/25/2015 07:20 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2015-03-25 19:18:51 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Or better yet, a direct configure test to check if the
>> intrinsic exists - that way we get to also use it on Intel compilers, which
>> I believe also has the same intrinsics.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but configure isn't run for msvc?

Good point. On MSVC, we use the pre-built pg_config.h.win32 file
instead. There are already a couple of cases like this in it:

/* Define to 1 if you have the `rint' function. */
#if (_MSC_VER >= 1800)
#define HAVE_RINT 1
#endif

I think we should do that for the CRC32 intrinsic too.

- Heikki

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: What exactly is our CRC algorithm?
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement