Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/17/2015 03:09 PM, rob stone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade from 9.3 to 9.4 on my laptop and encountering this
> error:-
>

> postgres@roblaptop:/usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/bin$ ./pg_upgrade
> -b /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/bin -B /usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/bin
> -d /home/postgres/data93/userqueries
> -D /home/postgres/data94/userqueries -U pguserqueries
>
> check for "/home/postgres/data93/userqueries/base" failed: No such file
> or directory
>
> Failure, exiting
> postgres@roblaptop:/usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/bin$
>
> postgres@roblaptop:/usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/bin$ ./pg_upgrade --version
> pg_upgrade (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1
>

> I have two tablespaces defined for this data -- one to hold the tables
> and another for the indices.
>
> There is no "base" file or directory.

Guessing /home/postgres/data*/userqueries/ is the location of your
tablespace, not the cluster directory.

The -d and -D need to point at the cluster directory, which will be
something like :

/var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main

> Do I just create a dummy directory named "base"?

No, you need to point to the correct directory.

See here for more information:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/pgupgrade.html

Or use pg_upgradecluster:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man8/pg_upgradecluster.8.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: rob stone
Сообщение: Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: "Cast" SRF returning record to a table type?