Problems with JDBC client and LATIN1 chars

От kenr@redergaard-it.no
Тема Problems with JDBC client and LATIN1 chars
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I'm experiencing a decoding problem with PG 7.3.4 and the latest
Postgresql JDBC driver.

When transfering the Norwegian letters øæå the JDBC driver claims that
illegal chars are received. But when using pgAdmin this works fine.

Are there any patches available to get pgAdmin behaviour (accepting LATIN1) ?

Or do I have to pgdump, stop the production environment, alter the cluster
to use LATIN1, and pgrestore the db ? I really hope that there is another
way to do this...

With regards,
Ken A. Redergård

От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: is nullable working?
От: Harry Mantheakis
Сообщение: Using auto-commit OFF for transactions - instead of BEGIN