Re: Test code is worth the space

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Test code is worth the space
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/08/2015 05:09 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 08/08/2015 12:24 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> I think that there needs to be a way of running an extended set of
>> regression tests. I could definitely respect the desire for minimalism
>> when it comes to adding tests to the regression tests proper if there
>> was an extended set of tests that could be run during development less
>> frequently. I thought about doing the extended set as a satellite
>> project, but that may not be workable.
> There already is, isn't there?  All of those named sets of regression
> tests which aren't run by default.

Exactly. And there is nothing to stop us expanding those. For example,
it might be useful to have a suite that provably touched every code
path, or something close to it.

Incidentally, making the buildfarm client run extra sets of tests in the
main tree is almost completely trivial. Making it run tests from
somewhere else, such as a different git repo, is only slightly harder.

cheers

andrew

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Test code is worth the space
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: 9.5 release notes