Re: Excessive # usage in URLs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Excessive # usage in URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 10/23/2015 08:28 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>     http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20151023125233.GQ3685@tamriel.snowman.net#2
>     We could do this in addition to the message-id-based NAME tag.
>

> True. We could also use the surrogate key we have in the db.
>
> In fact, we could have a <a name> for each of those two, so that one
> could still use the other one if building URLs elsewhere, but the ones
> generated in the archives could use the shorter id. That's a number that
> goes up to max 6 digits at this point (and that would actually  be
> guaranteed to be stable in the future, unlike just using the sequential)

Not sure if this is useful but it seems a simple solution (without
breaking existing links would be) would be to use a has of some sort:

http://www.postgresql.org/archive/0q97346lkjfgapo23qk

Which of course would link to either a message_id or id in the db. Of
course all old links would continue to work but the default display
would be the hash. Alternatively:

http://www.postgresql.org/archive/0q97346lkjfgapo23qk/2

Where the hash is the thread and the #2 is the reply?

JD

New rule for social situations: "If you think to yourself not even
JD would say this..." Stop and shut your mouth. It's going to be bad.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Excessive # usage in URLs
От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: add "current" version link to docs page