Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/06/2016 08:13 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:

> (BTW, if your concern on enforcement is about control, not only can
> people be removed from mailing lists and the like, but there actually is
> a Postgres legal entity that could start legal proceedings if it ever
> came to it.)

As a Director for 2 of the "legal" entities this idea is a rough road.
As a volunteer organization we would have a very hard time bringing
legal proceedings for a violation of a CoC. Realistically we are talking
about a person bringing legal proceedings against another person of whom
are contributors to the "PostgreSQL Project".

That said, there is no reason this can't be enforced.

A hacker who has code committed to the tree has a vested ID interest in
that code. It took time, heart, commitment, and tough skin. They may not
have been compensated for that time, if they had been compensated they
also have skin in the game with whoever compensated them.

Now change the first sentence to:

A community organizer who spends months organizing a postgresql event
has a vested ID interest in that event.

A pug leader who spends time every month organizing a postgresql meeting
has a vested ID interest in that meeting.

An extension writer ....

A speaker ....

A DBA who fought hard to get PostgreSQL into their DC.....

If the big yellow guillotine comes down on their ability to contribute
and stains the shirt red. It will matter.

Enforcement isn't that hard. It is just a committee who ultimately
answers to -core.

Sincerely,

JD

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?