Re: Postgresql 9.3 not coming up after restart in centos

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.3 not coming up after restart in centos
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/05/2016 11:18 AM, balajishanmugam@live.in wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed postgresql-9.3 in my centos application. When the
> application starts for first-time Postgres starts without any issue most of

Not sure what you are talking about when you say CentOS application.

Are you saying when CentOS starts, or an application that you wrote starts?

How did you install Postgres?

Can you show the init script that is starting/stopping Postgres?

If such a thing does not exist, how do you start/stop Postgres?

> the time. But when I reboot the centOs, Postgres is not getting started on
> subsequent boot and I am getting the error,
>
> LOG:  invalid magic number 0000 in log segment 000000010000000000000002,
> offset 0
> LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
> LOG:  invalid magic number 0000 in log segment 000000010000000000000002,
> offset 0
> LOG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
> PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record
> LOG:  startup process (PID 2529) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
>
> in the location "/var/lib/pgsql/9.3/data/pg_xlog", I see 3 files
> 000000010000000000000002, 000000010000000000000003 and an empty directoy
> archive_status.
>
> When I tried to restart the Postgres, I am getting the same error. How to
> start the Postgres now? How to avoid this problem without happening in
> future? Thanks. Let me know incase if more information is needed.
>

> --

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Mohammed Ajil
Сообщение: Re: Getting the function definition from oid in before firing the function
От: "D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Сообщение: Off topic - How to start a new thread