Re: pg_upgrade on Windows

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: pg_upgrade on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/7/2016 12:32 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:

I'm trying to run pg_upgrade on Windows, but I'm getting the error:

cannot write to log file pg_upgrade_internal.log Failure, exiting

I saw a similar question for Linux at 23216734 which explains that the issue is with permissions, but it doesn't help with Windows as I do not have a user named postgres

Same goes for the pg_upgrade docs, which mention a postgres user:

RUNAS /USER:postgres "CMD.EXE"

But again, I do not have such a user, and am trying to run this command as Administrator so I don't understand why I would have no permission. I even tried to do

RUNAS /USER:Administrator "CMD.EXE"

And run pg_upgrade in the new command prompt, but am getting the same error.

Also, I am not sure which directory needs permissions? Where is the process trying to write pg_upgrade_internal.log to? any ideas?  TIA!

how was your postgresql installed ?   is the existing version of postgres running as a system service or what?     what versions are you upgrading from and to ?

note, btw, just being Administrator does NOT automatically override file permissions... an administrator is allowed to change file ownership.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 9.3 not coming up after restart in centos
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 9.3 not coming up after restart in centos