Re: WIP: CoC V5

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: WIP: CoC V5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/12/2016 07:04 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 01/12/2016 02:43 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>>> To me, this reads more like the document itself.  I hope I have
>>> done justice to Josh's points as well as Tom's, although I would
>>> bet there are a number of people on the list that can improve on my
>>> effort here.
>
>> I read your whole document. It is not badly written and I would agree it
>> does read a bit more like a lot of the CoCs out there. My critique would
>> be that it adds words for the sake of adding words. The more words the
>> more ambiguity and the more nits to pick.
>
>> As we have all appeared to coalesce around v5, I would suggest that we
>> stick with it or gently modify v5 up to the point that it is something
>> that sticks.
>
> Um, you may have coalesced around v5, but I'm not sure there's consensus
> there.  I agree with Kevin that his version looks a lot more like a real
> CoC.  His is surely still amenable to some editing, but there are also
> things in your version that we can do without.  Particularly the "not
> about being offended" line.  That's pretty defensive and unwelcoming,
> IMO, and that isn't the image we want to project here.

Even with the V5? There is a pretty good point there IMO. It is very
easy to get offended over really stupid things (including just standard
miscommunication).

That said, I actually don't have a problem taking that point out and
making that V6.

JD

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: WIP: CoC V5
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Unable to build python extension with PGXS