Re: CoC [Final v2]

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: CoC [Final v2]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/24/2016 02:14 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

>> Suppose someone from a divisive organization using PostgreSQL were to make a speech at a PostgreSQL conference about
atechnical topic.  Would that be off-limits just because they are politically divisive as an organization?

> If they make hateful statements about members of the community, or to interested parties who then report them to the
community,then yes. Otherwise, we’re saying we’re okay with abuse of any kind as long as it’s not on our turf. It’s not
politics,it’s hate.

O.k. now I am starting to see your point. For example:

Pg person A is harassing person B in the Rails community.

How do we deal with that?

1. If person B is not in the Pg community then it is up to the Rails
community to deal with it.

2. If person B is in the Pg community they can request help.

I am open to wording on #2. I tried a couple of times but had trouble
not making it a larger declaration that I think it needs to be.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                      +1-503-667-4564