Re: CoC [Final v2]

От Jan Danielsson
Тема Re: CoC [Final v2]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 24/01/16 18:30, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
[---]
> This is something that I brought up in protest because I believe that it
> is crucial to the growth of this community.

   Do you have any evidence to support this belief?  (Without referring
to an anonymous invisible mass, a single case or unverifiable anecdotal
evidence).

   Without any data/evidence either way I'd wager that the
implementation of a CoC will have exactly zero effect on developers
coming to or going from the project.  If gaining developers is your
motivator for pushing through a CoC, I for one believe it's a waste of
time and energy.

   I don't buy the idea that there's a huge cache of talent waiting in
the dark for open source projects to suddenly implement a CoC, at which
point they'll jump out and suddenly start contributing code.  Though
whatever anecdotal evidence I could produce to support that claim would
be as worthless as anyone else's, so:

   Surely considering the huge number of projects which have adopted
various forms of CoC's over the past months/years there are good numbers
to show if they have a positive effect on contributions?

   I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I suspect you'll find zero
correlation between implementation of CoC's and number of contributions
and/or contributors.

   A wider question to the other participants in this discussion:  Is it
generally an accepted view that the growth of the community (in some
sense) is contingent on the implementation of a CoC?

   /Jan

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit
От: rob stone
Сообщение: Re: Case and accent insensitive