Re: Template for commit messages

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Template for commit messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 01/28/2016 11:06 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 03:52:00AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> There has been a request in the FOSDEM developers meeting that
>> committers use a more consistent format for commit messages.  This is
>> the format I use:
>
> Here is an updated version that includes a potential bug number:
>
>     -- email subject limit -----------------------------------------
>     -- gitweb summary limit --------------------------
>

>     Report by
>
>     Bug #
>
>     Patch by
>
>     Reviewed by
>
>     Backpatch through

Any reason why not to adapt the git message conventions from kernel?

https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/CommitMessageConventions

I'd expect there are tools already working with that format, making the
life easier for us.

regards

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Template for commit messages
От: Rahila Syed
Сообщение: Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.