Re: Improve error handling in pltcl

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Improve error handling in pltcl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/29/16 10:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
>> On 2/28/16 5:50 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>>> Per discussion in [1], this patch improves error reporting in pltcl.
>
>> I forgot to mention that this work is sponsored by Flight Aware
>> (http://flightaware.com).
>
> Huh ... I use that site.  There's PG and pltcl code behind it?
> Cool!

Heh, I didn't realize you were a TCL fan.

They've been heavy PG users from the start. Eventually PG had trouble
keeping up with the in-flight tracking so they created Speed Tables [1].
And Karl (one of the founders) is a well known TCL contributor[2].

When it comes to sheer geek factor though, I think the
multilateration[3] stuff they're doing with their ADS-B network is a
really cool data application. It's basically a form of "reverse GPS" for
tracking aircraft.

[1] https://github.com/flightaware/speedtables
[2] http://wiki.tcl.tk/83
[3] http://flightaware.com/adsb/mlat/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] WHERE clause not used when index is used
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Publish autovacuum informations