Re: Applying logical replication changes by more than one process

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Applying logical replication changes by more than one process
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21/03/16 14:25, Andres Freund wrote:

>>> That's problematic from a durability POV.
>>>

>> Huh? How come?
>
> If you use the session mechanism the replication progress is synced with
> the apply process, even if there are crashes. Crash recovery updates the
> progress.  There's no such interlock with apply otherwise, and I don't
> see how you can build one with reasonable effort.

Ah you mean because with wal_log=true the origin advance is in different
WAL record than commit? OK yeah you might be one transaction behind
then, true.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Applying logical replication changes by more than one process
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Aggregate