Re: multivariate statistics v14

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: multivariate statistics v14
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'll add couple of code comments from my first cursory read through
(this is huge):

0002:
there is some whitespace noise between the varlistentries in
alter_statistics.sgml

+    parentobject.classId = RelationRelationId;
+    parentobject.objectId = ObjectIdGetDatum(RelationGetRelid(rel));
+    parentobject.objectSubId = 0;
+    childobject.classId = MvStatisticRelationId;
+    childobject.objectId = statoid;
+    childobject.objectSubId = 0;

I wonder if this (several places similar code) would be simpler done
using ObjectAddressSet()

The common.h in backend/utils/mvstat is slightly weird header file
placement and naming.

0004:
+/* used for merging bitmaps - AND (min), OR (max) */
+#define MAX(x, y) (((x) > (y)) ? (x) : (y))
+#define MIN(x, y) (((x) < (y)) ? (x) : (y))

Huh? We have Max and Min macros defined in c.h

+        values[Anum_pg_mv_statistic_stamcv  - 1] = PointerGetDatum(data);

Why the double space (that's actually in several places in several of
the patches).

I don't really understand why 0008 and 0009 are separate patches and
aren't part of one of the other patches. But otherwise good job on
splitting the functionality into patchset.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services

От: Vladimir Sitnikov
Сообщение: Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.6 behavior change with set returning (funct).*