Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 25/04/2016 16:36, John Lumby wrote:
>> From: michael.paquier@gmail.com
>> To: johnlumby@hotmail.com
>> CC: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:48 PM, John Lumby <johnlumby@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Note the difference in timeline
>>
>> Yes, and? System A is still on its previous timeline 11, and will jump
>> to timeline 12 once it has connected back. That's possible since 9.3.
>
> Answering your "and?" : In my testing,
>         "and no WAL replicated from B, new Primary , to A , new Standby".
> That is why I concluded there is a bug.
> Also on System A (new Standby) timeline did not jump up to 12,  it remained at 11.
> Are you indicating that the admin (me) needs to do something to make that happen?
> If so what?

Did you set the recovery_target_timeline parameter to "latest" in the
recovery.conf file? (see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/recovery-target-settings.html).

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

От: John Lumby
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario
От: John Lumby
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario