Re: LOG_PID

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LOG_PID
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ymir <ymir@wolfheart.ro> writes:
> I'm using the latest Postgres version, and I'm trying to get rid of the PID
> of the backend when logging to syslogd.

Seems like a fairly bad idea, since you'll then be unable to distinguish
the log outputs from multiple Postgres backends running concurrently.
However, it's surely doable if you remove LOG_PID from the openlog()
call.

> Re-reading the docs, I see no mention of the fact that this will only work
> for logging to a file (I didn't check the code for that, I don't know if it
> works), I must assume this is a bug, something you've overlooked.

I see no bug, and I really don't understand your claim that it only
works for logging to a file.  syslog is syslog; where the syslog daemon
sends the log messages is not our concern.

От: Ymir
Сообщение: LOG_PID
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Bug #640: ECPG: inserting float numbers