Re: Send a variable 123k

От Jeff
Тема Re: Send a variable 123k
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mar 15, 2004, at 11:57 AM, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> I need to store a picture into my DB. I am converting this into text
> Base64 and store it into text field. Everything looked fine but when I
> did the insert I got an error about pqread() and this was
> disconnected. Seem a text so big it is not supported for pqread().

well. it SHOULD support text that big.  Was there anything in the log?

Also, you may want to consider bytea instead of base64 stored in a text.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

От: Shilong Stanley Yao
Сообщение: Character escape in "CREATE FUNCTION ..."
От: Edwin Pauli
Сообщение: Re: PostgeSQL problem (server crashed?)