Re: backup.sgml patch that adds information on custom format backups

От Ivan Lezhnjov IV
Тема Re: backup.sgml patch that adds information on custom format backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alright gentlemen here we go, take two.

backup.sgml-cmd-v002.patch addresses your feedback and offers a better worded statements that avoid implying that some
featuresare being deprecated when it isn't the case. We also spent some more time polishing other details, like making
adjustmentsto the tone of the text so that it sounds like a manual, not a blog post, more importantly, making it clear
thatsuperuser privileges are not always required to perform a successful backup in practice as long as the role used to
makethe backup has sufficient read privileges on all of the objects a user is interested in. We also mention and show
examplesof usage for pigz alongside with gzip, and probably something else too :P Please, see the diff file attached to
thismessage for complete and detailed log of the changes.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pg_xlogdump compiler warning
От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: "COPY foo FROM STDOUT" and ecpg