Re: connect postgresql to a different cluster

От Gilberto Castillo
Тема Re: connect postgresql to a different cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> Hi,
> My question refers to a newly installed postgresql 9.4 on ubuntu 15.04.
>
> Is it possible to mount a file system with an existing 9.4 version
> postgresql cluster onto a new machine and get a fresh postgresql install
> to connect to that cluster?
>
> When I installed postgresql it created a /var/lib/postgrersql/9.4/main
> cluster, and pointed to it via /etc/postgresql/9.4/main
>
> I then mounted a HD with an existing v9.4 postgresql cluster called
> gisdata at /mnt/geo_pgsql/postgres.
> Note that I have no /etc/postgresql/9.4/gisdata directory. (I forgot to
> back it up before reinstalling ubuntu)
>
> initdb -D /mnt/geo_pgsql/postgres will clobber my existing gisdata
> cluster, will it not?

Use:
  pg_ctl -D /mnt/geo_pgsql/postgres -l /tmp/logfile start

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
ETECSA, La Habana, Cuba
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: connect postgresql to a different cluster
От: Zoltan Szecsei
Сообщение: Re: connect postgresql to a different cluster