Re: How to Resolve Data Being Truncated or Rounded Up During PostgreSQL Migration from v9.623 to v12.8?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to Resolve Data Being Truncated or Rounded Up During PostgreSQL Migration from v9.623 to v12.8?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/28/21 07:44, Hilbert, Karin wrote:
> I manage aPostgreSQL databases - we currently have clusters on
> *PostgreSQL v9.6.23* & **PostgreSQL v12.8**.
> Our database clusters are on Linux VMs, with OS:
>    Flavor:*redhat_7*
>    Release: *3.10.0-1160.45.1.el7.x86_64*
>
> We have repmgr clusters of 1 Primary & 2 Standby servers & use another
> server with PgBouncer to direct the connections to the current Primary.
>
> How can I ensure that the data was migrated correctly - that the data
> hasn't been truncated or rounded up in the v12.8 tables?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In postgresql.conf what are the settings for?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-client.html

extra_float_digits

"
Note

The meaning of this parameter, and its default value, changed in
PostgreSQL 12; see Section 8.1.3 for further discussion.
"

Section 8.1.3

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/datatype-numeric.html#DATATYPE-FLOAT

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to Resolve Data Being Truncated or Rounded Up During PostgreSQL Migration from v9.623 to v12.8?
От: "Ivan E. Panchenko"
Сообщение: Re: Incremental backup