Re: ALTER USER

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER USER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is it just the password that expires or the account? The comment for
> valid until says the password is valid until that time. However, one of
> the examples says the account is valid until that time.

Given the current implementation, I think it's correct to say that
the password expires not the account:

1. the userid isn't deleted or anything like that.

2. validuntil is only checked in password authentication methods; if you
are able to connect via a non-password auth method (eg IDENT) then it's
not checked.

I've never been quite sure whether #2 is a bug or a feature, though.