Re: Cleaning up array_in()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cleaning up array_in()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> The only thing that confused me, is the error message (it's not new, too):
> select '{{{{{{{{{{1}}}}}}}}}}'::int[];
> or even:
> select '{{{{{{{{{{'::int[];
> ERROR:  number of array dimensions (7) exceeds the maximum allowed (6)

Yeah, I didn't touch that, but it's pretty bogus because the first
number will always be "7" even if you wrote more than 7 left braces,
since the code errors out immediately upon finding that it's seen
too many braces.

The equivalent message in the PLs just says "number of array dimensions
exceeds the maximum allowed (6)".  I'm inclined to do likewise in
array_in, but didn't touch it here.

> Beside that, I would like to note the following error text changes
> (all of these are feasible, I think):

I'll look into whether we can improve those, unless you had a patch
in mind already?

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up array_in()
От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: Improve list manipulation in several places