Re: [GENERAL] PG on SSD

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PG on SSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/03/2017 01:31, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:42 PM, scott ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> wrote:
>> Is it reasonable to run PG on a mirrored pair of something like the Intel SSD DC 3610 series? (For example:
>> http://ark.intel.com/products/82935/Intel-SSD-DC-S3610-Series-480GB-2_5in-SATA-6Gbs-20nm-MLC) I'd *hope* that
anythingIntel classifies as a "Data Center SSD" would be reasonably reliable, have actually-working power loss
protectionetc, but is that the case?

>  From the spec sheet they certainly seem to be safe against power loss.
> I'd still test by pulling the power cables while running benchmarks to
> be sure.
>
> I've used the other Intel enterprise class ssds with good results on
> the power plug pull tests.

+ Intel not only markets this as "Data Center SSD", moreover this seems to be in the respective high-end range within
"DataCenter SSDs".

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Autoanalyze oddity
От: "Sven R. Kunze"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] DISTINCT vs GROUP BY - was Re: is (not) distinct from