Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-08-11 Fr 19:17, Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
I'm starting to have doubts about this policy. There have now been
quite a few follow-up "fixes" to indentation issues that koel
complained about. None of these fixups have been included in
.git-blame-ignore-revs. If things continue like this then "git blame"
is bound to become much less usable over time.
FWIW, I'm much more optimistic than that.  I think what we're seeing
is just the predictable result of not all committers having yet
incorporated "pgindent it before committing" into their workflow.
The need for followup fixes should diminish as people start doing
that.  If you want to hurry things along, peer pressure on committers
who clearly aren't bothering is the solution.

Yeah, part of the point of creating koel was to give committers a bit of a nudge in that direction.

With a git pre-commit hook it's pretty painless.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: CREATE FUNCTION ... SEARCH { DEFAULT | SYSTEM | SESSION }