Re: Urgent Help required

От Brian Modra
Тема Re: Urgent Help required
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
2009/10/16 Neha Patel <npatel@nevi-soft.com>:
> Hi,
>

> We are running with postgres sql 7.3.2. We were trying to create an index on
> a big table. The create index command ran for nearly 5 hours at which point
> we decided to interrupt it. Since this was interrupted, any operations
> attempted on the table on which the index was being created gives following
> error in pgsql log:
>

> LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
> semaphor
>
> es
>
> LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2009-10-16 10:44:54
> BST
>
> LOG:  checkpoint record is at
> 150/71A0C0CC
>
> LOG:  redo record is at 150/71A0C0CC; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
> TRUE
>
> LOG:  next transaction id: 1757299460; next oid:
> 43508941
>
> LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> progress
>
> LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at
> 150/71A0C10C
>
> LOG:  redo is not
> required
>
> LOG:  database system is ready
>

> Any idea what this means and what we need to do to resolve access to this
> table again? We can see the next oid number increases over time. Access to
> all other tables in the database is fine. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Have you tried using pg_dump and dumping just that table?

What does \d {table name} tell you?

What does ps -ef|grep post
show?

Although the log looks like it is restarting itself, have you tried
shutting down the database (and restarting it)?

--
Brian Modra   Land line: +27 23 5411 462
Mobile: +27 79 69 77 082

От: Palaniappan Thiyagarajan
Сообщение: Re: Urgent Help required
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: LIKE - bug or expected behaviour?