Re: pgsql: Get rid of the dedicated latch for signaling the startup process

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pgsql: Get rid of the dedicated latch for signaling the startup process
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 04/11/2020 09:44, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Get rid of the dedicated latch for signaling the startup process.
>
> This commit gets rid of the dedicated latch for signaling the startup
> process in favor of using its procLatch,  since that comports better
> with possible generic signal handlers using that latch.
>
> Commit 1e53fe0e70 changed background processes so that they use standard
> SIGHUP handler. Like that, this commit also makes the startup process use
> standard SIGHUP handler to simplify the code.

This seems to have made buildfarm member 'elver' to segfault. I've got a
hunch that setting recoveryWakeupLatch to NULL, when WakeupRecovery()
doesn't check for NULL, is not OK. It's surprising that we're only
seeing this on 'elver', though.

- Heikki

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: pgsql: pg_rewind: Replace the hybrid list+array data structure with sim
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Get rid of the dedicated latch for signaling the startup process