Re: keeping last 30 entries of a log table

От Dirk Jagdmann
Тема Re: keeping last 30 entries of a log table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Column id should be indexed indeed.  Anyway, I'm not sure about any performance improvement using that last method,
asthe most consuming operation might be the DELETE operation, not really the SELECT operation, when dealing with a huge
volumeof data.

why worry, there are a maximum of 30 Entries in this table anyway. So
even the most unoptimized select and delete combinations should be
very fast...

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann
----> http://cubic.org/~doj

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Daniel CAUNE
Сообщение: Re: keeping last 30 entries of a log table
От: Jeff Frost
Сообщение: Re: keeping last 30 entries of a log table