Re: Should we add a compiler warning for large stack frames?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Should we add a compiler warning for large stack frames?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-04-11 Th 16:17, Andres Freund wrote:
128k is probably not going to be an issue in practice. However, it also seems
not great from a performance POV to use this much stack in a function that's
called fairly often.  I'd allocate the buffer in verify_backup_checksums() and
reuse it across all to-be-checked files.

Yes, I agree. I'll make that happen in the next day or two.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: post-freeze damage control
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Add notes to pg_combinebackup docs