Re: Copy function for logical replication slots

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Copy function for logical replication slots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 31/08/2018 07:03, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

> Attached a new version patch incorporated the all comments I got.

This looks pretty reasonable.

I am personally not big fan of the C wrappers for overloaded functions,
but that's what we need to do for opr_sanity to pass so I guess we'll
have to use them.

The more serious thing is:

> +    if (MyReplicationSlot)
> +        ReplicationSlotRelease();
> +
> +    /* Release the saved slot if exist while preventing double releasing */
> +    if (savedslot && savedslot != MyReplicationSlot)

This won't work as intended as the ReplicationSlotRelease() will set
MyReplicationSlot to NULL, you might need to set aside MyReplicationSlot
to yet another temp variable inside this function prior to releasing it.

От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add WL_EXIT_ON_PM_DEATH pseudo-event.
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables