Re: [pgsql-www] commitfest.postgresql.org

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Andrew Chernow<ac@esilo.com> wrote:

>>> Because it's exposing three or four details of your implementation,
>>> which you might wish to change later.

>>> It's impossible to know that this is commitfest 2009-07.
>>>

>> commitfest.postgresql.org/2009/07 ?
>>
>> That, or any similar scheme, seems easily doable with a little apache
>> rewrite magic and some programming. See my blog urls for one such example.
>
> I believe Tom wants details removed from the URL, so future implementation
> changes don't either a) break bookmarks because more stuff is needed in the
> URL or b) don't break bookmarks but be limited to existing sutff in the URL
> (ie. hacky work arounds).  If that's the case, your best best is to use some
> kind of key, like 16 random bytes displayed in hex, that looks up the data.

I *am* using some kind of key.  Specifically, in integer derived from
a serial column.  It's just as stable as 16 random bytes displayed in
hex, but a lot shorter and easier to remember, if you're the sort of
person who likes to remember URLs.  :-)

> IMHO, I don't see much gain to encoding the date into the url either. This
> is not a great way of telling the user when something occurred.  A lookup is
> going to occur either way, so why not get all data at once using a single
> method?

Sorry, I'm not following this part.

...Robet

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: PGXS problem with pdftotext
От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] commitfest.postgresql.org