Re: NOT IN Doesn't use Anti Joins?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: NOT IN Doesn't use Anti Joins?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Rod Taylor <rod.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a reason why the NOT IN plan could not use Anti-Joins when
> the column being compared against is guaranteed to be NOT NULL? Too
> much planner overhead to determine nullness of the column?

I doubt it.  I think it's just a question of round tuits.  I think Tom
hasn't felt it worth the effort since you can work around it by
rewriting the query, and nobody else has bothered to work up a patch.
If you feel like working on it, I think it would be a nice
improvement.

...Robert

От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: NOT IN Doesn't use Anti Joins?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Range types