Re: Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- On Thu, 1/4/10, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Just noticed on the wikipedia page under rdbms, it
> lists postgresql as available on AmigaOS.
>
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems
>
> > Is this just an error, as I see edb advanced server is
> also listed as available, or was there some working code at
> some point in time?
>
> I think it's probably bogus.  There's some mention in
> very old versions
> of the ports list of being able to run on top of NetBSD on
> Amiga
> hardware.  But unless somebody had code to duplicate
> the Unix syscall set
> on AmigaOS, there'd have been no way to make PG run on
> that.

Thanks Tom, I thought as much, I recall the Amiga community being full of vaporware.

But I do remember there was a set of libs called ixemul (http://aminet.net/package/dev/gg/ixemul-bin) that a lot of
peopleused to port unix apps to the Amiga with, probably not enough to port postgres though.

Glyn

От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: [Solved] 8.3 Stats Collector Stuck at 100% CPU
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?