Re: Patch: Add parse_type Function

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Patch: Add parse_type Function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 20, 2024, at 01:30, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

> the second hint `-- grammar error expected` seems to contradict with
> the results?

Quite right, thank you, that’s actually a trapped error. I’ve tweaked the comments and their order in v7, attached.

This goes back to the discussion of the error raising of to_regtype[1], so I’ve incorporated the patch from that thread
intothis patch, and set up the docs for to_regtypemod() with similar information. The wording is still a little opaque
formy taste, though, written more for someone who knows a bit about the internals, but it’s a start.

I’ve also fixed the wayward parameter in the function signature in the docs, and added a note about why I’ve also
patchedgenbki.pl.

Best,

David

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/57E1FDDC-5A38-452D-82D7-A44DA2E13862%40justatheory.com#1ae0b11634bc33c7ad3cd728e43d504e

От: Fabrice Chapuis
Сообщение: pg_restore problem to load constraints with tables
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables