Re: pg_dump fails

От Lorenzo Thurman
Тема Re: pg_dump fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the reply. I've tried recompiling with my install build
settings, but no luck. I've posted a message on the Gentoo forums.
Hopefully they will have an answer. If they do, I'll post back here for
future reference.

On Apr 19, 2005, at 1:01 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Lorenzo Thurman <lorenzo@thethurmans.com> writes:
>> I'm trying that right now. I think there may be mis-match in the build
>> settings between upgrades of postgresql. The "USE" settings may be at
>> fault:
>
>>   - - pg-hier        : Enables recursive queries like Oracle's
>> 'CONNECT
>> BY' feature.
>
> [ rolls eyes... ]  Yup, that's Gentoo all right: throw in random
> patches
> that have been rejected by the upstream developers.  Now that I think
> about it, this failure is exactly what that patch is known to cause,
> because it makes an incompatible change in Query structures and hence
> in on-disk view rule representation.
>
>> I think these may have been changed since the original install.

> hacked-up version.  I'm not sure why we even bother to answer support
> requests from Gentoo users, when what they are using is not our
> software but some randomly-modified variant.  I wonder what other
> brokennesses Gentoo may be including ...
>
> (Just for the record: I work for Red Hat, which has a rather different
> notion of the level of reliability it wants to ship.  So take my
> opinion
> with the appropriate grain of salt.  But I'm a mite ticked off at the
> moment --- you're not the first person to have been bitten by this,
> and you likely won't be the last, and I think it's entirely because
> Gentoo has such a low quality standard for the patches they ship.)
>
>             regards, tom lane

Tech/Library Combo Lab Manager
Northwestern University
Office Tech MG49
mailto:lthurman@northwestern.edu
voice: 847-467-6565
pager: 847-536-0094

От: "jackfitz"
Сообщение: Re: Indexes in PostgreSQL
От: Thomas Chille
Сообщение: Trigger Commandline Command from Postgresql