Re: Databases compared at zend.com

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Databases compared at zend.com
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Doug McNaught <doug@wireboard.com> writes:
> Good article.  The only inaccuracy I saw was that he claims Postgres'
> storage of large objects is "in the filesystem" and "inefficient".

He may be thinking about the fact that Postgres used to store each large
object as a separate table, which did indeed get pretty inefficient if
you had large numbers of large objects (not so much Postgres itself, as
that most Unix filesystems don't handle huge directories efficiently).
This is fixed as of 7.1, however.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Can't restart postmaster!
От: mjbjr@beaudesign.com
Сообщение: can't re-start postgresql