Re: WIP: CoC

От James Keener
Тема Re: WIP: CoC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Why must it be free of personal comments?

"Tom, I like the way you handed this issue. Good work!" Is a personal comment.

Why do we need lists? What specifically is wrong with "that focuses on the tech and not the person" version?

Jim

On January 11, 2016 6:04:03 PM EST, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 01/11/2016 02:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
How about we meet in the middle:

A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
of non-technical or personal comments related to gender, sexual
orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or
personal attacks.

That's not really meeting in the middle: it still specifies exactly
one set of disapproved topics. Might be OK if it read like
"... personal comments, for example ones related to gender, ..."

Tom,

Oh good point. I like that. So:

A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
of non-technical or personal comments, for example ones related to
gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size,
race or personal attacks.

Sincerely,

JD