Re: Upgrade postgres 14.6 to minor version using source code

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Upgrade postgres 14.6 to minor version using source code
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2023-09-27 at 13:40 +0530, Daulat wrote:
> We are using the postgres 14.6 on Ubuntu that was installed via source code (./configure) .
> Now we want to upgrade it to minor version 14.9. Please suggest, what is the process
> for upgrading the minor releases if postgres was installed using source code.

Simple: stop the server, install 14.9, then start the server with the new software.

You should also read the release notes at
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/release-14-9.html#id-1.11.6.5.4
Sometimes there are additional things to consider.  However, since you are
upgrading from a release after 14.3, there is nothing more to do.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: OS DB2
Сообщение: Re: Corruption issue
От: Daulat
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade postgres 14.6 to minor version using source code